Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cake Balls

A few months ago I saw cake balls on http://kellyskornerblog.com and have been wanting to make them so I decided to make them for my cousins' graduation party this weekend. They are cute...not exactly what I had envisioned, but nothing I make ever is ha! I have some graduation mini cupcake papers to put them in so that should be cute too.

The red ones are for Amanda and the blue ones for Megan and Ashley





They are really easy to make once you get the hang of dipping them in the melted chocolate.

Cake Truffles

1 box red velvet cake mix
3/4 container cream cheese frosting
1 package white almond bark



All you have to do is bake the cake...and then crumble it up in a large bowl. I used my hands but you can also do it in the mixer...which would probably be easier when you have to add in the frosting. I have to admit it was a little hard to just crumble up a cake that looked so pretty when it was baked. (; It was so worth it though.

Anyways, then you add in the frosting and mix it together. Next, you roll the mix into small balls and place them on cookie sheets covered with wax paper. Then you put them in the freezer for a few hours. Once they are firm, you melt the almond bark according to the directions and dip the cake balls in it. I melted Wilton Candy Melts with a tiny bit of shortening to do the drizzles on top.


******I also just found a picture of some sugar cookies I made for Easter. I used a mini muffin tin to bake them in so they look like little cupcakes. I have to say I was very proud when they were finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment