Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Finally a real teacher!

Wow. I have not updated in forever, and so much has happened. By the grace of God, I made it through student teaching and had the best time. I worked with two wonderful cooperating teachers, at two wonderful schools, with wonderful second and fifth graders. I could not have asked for a better experience. I went today and picked up my diploma, and my teaching license came in the mail! I am sooooo excited to start this new journey...terrified, but excited. If the right job comes along this semester I will take it, but for now I am just going to sub and see what happens. I am letting God steer the ship, and I know that as long as I lay everything in His hands, that it will all work out.

The verse that I have clung to over the past few weeks is "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12 I think that pretty much sums up everything that I need to remind myself of daily, and it has really helped me through some things that have been hard for me to deal with lately. The overwhelming sense of peace that comes from seeking the Lord with all of my heart makes me wonder why I ever feel that I can make it on my own.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I needed the reminder of the verse you typed out from Romans! Congrats on your new adventure in teaching. Teachers hold a special place in God's heart...I'm convinced of it! Though I am not a school teacher myself, I love alot of family members that are and my hat is off to you for pursuing such a noble career. Go Girl!

    Thanks for your comment on She Seeks and hope to connect with you some more!

    love,
    sarah martin

    ReplyDelete